Corrosion & Prevention 2017 invites technical papers on all subjects related to corrosion. The conference will bring together industry practitioners who combat corrosion on a daily basis and researchers working in corrosion related fields. Diverse technical streams will showcase the latest developments in corrosion prevention and management especially relating to asset management, corrosion monitoring, corrosion science and engineering.
Papers from University, Government and Private Enterprise research organisations and manufacturers related to the various Streams below are most welcome. If accepted they will be incorporated for presentation into those Streams.
An important method of communicating developments in corrosion prevention and management is through the presentation of case studies. To be accepted into the Conference Technical Program, case studies must clearly set out the nature of the problem, the solution to the problem, and methods employed to prevent similar problems in the future. We invite submissions from organisations involved in corrosion mitigation design and remediation work such as consultancies and contractual companies to contribute their experience and gained knowledge from work in the field.
Submissions also may include review papers related to the topics below which summarise the current state of knowledge, new innovations and future challenges.
If you wish to submit an oral abstract for consideration by the Scientific Program Committee, you must also intend to register for the Conference. Please submit your abstract using the online portal.
|Call for abstracts opens||19 January 2017|
|Registration opens||May 2017|
|Call for abstracts closes||21 April 2017|
|Authors notified||April/May 2017|
|Final paper submission||12 June 2017|
|Early bird registration closes||14 August 2017|
|Corrosion and Prevention Conference 2017||12-15 November 2017|
Abstracts will be accepted for oral presentations only.
The presentation will be 20 minutes.
Abstracts will be submitted as Vertically Integrated Streaming which comprises of a main topic, split into subsets (or in Sub Themes).
When submitting Abstracts for consideration, Authors must nominate in which of the following Streams they would prefer their paper to be presented.
- Concrete deterioraton
- Reinforcement corrosion
- Concrete coatings & repair
- Cathodic protection of reinforcement
- Coating of steel structures
- Cathodic protection of steel structures
- Microbiological induced corrosion of steel
- Steel in a marine environment
- Pipe corrosion and Condition Assessment
- Water Treatment Plant & Waste Water Treatment Plant Corrosion
Oil & Gas
- Cathodic protection of pipelines
- Refinery issues
- Marine structures
High temperature corrosion
Non-ferrous metal corrosion
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS |STEPS FOR SUBMITTING AN ABSTRACT FOR ORAL PRESENTATION
Abstract submission is a two-step process:
Creating an account and logging in to the abstract submission portal
Firstly you must create an account and enter your contact details in order to upload an abstract.
Click to access the submission portal to create an account and submit an abstract.
Please select the ‘Create New Account’ button to complete your preferred email address and password.
Once logged into the submission portal, please click on the Contact Information tab at the top of menu bar and complete your contact details. A confirmation email with further instructions on how to submit your abstract will be emailed directly to you.
Once you have created an account and entered your contact details within this presentation portal you can upload abstracts, edit abstracts that are still in draft, review briefing notes at a later stage, and review terms and conditions at any time by logging in.
Please ensure you read all the relevant information within the portal, including taking note of key dates related to the Conference.
Submitting your abstract
Click on “Abstract Submission” and review the instructions.
On this page you will find the abstract templates, please save the relevant template to your desktop and complete it in the required format. Abstracts not submitted using this template will be returned for correction.
The page length and word count of your abstract must not exceed the limit listed in the relevant abstract template.
Times New Roman font must be used throughout the abstract.
For math notations or symbols, please use Symbol font.
All margins, column width, column spacing, line spacing, and text styles within the template are prescribed. Authors must not alter them.
All abstracts submitted will be peer-reviewed. Please ensure that all formatting is correct.
You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- The abstract title
- Author names and affiliations
- Presenting author biography and photo photo
- Your completed abstract template
Please complete each field and then select the ‘Submit’ button to successfully upload your abstract. Please note this button will show only when all fields have been completed.
Should you wish to delete or edit an abstract that has been successfully uploaded; you will need to contact the Conference Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Once your submission is uploaded correctly, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email, your abstract has not been uploaded correctly. The abstract will be found under the Your Abstracts tab as a draft and you will need to complete it to submit.
If you have any concerns, please contact Maria Alexander on T +61 3 9645 6311 or email email@example.com.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed. If you do not see the Submit button appear on the screen when you are ready to submit please go back to the Review section which will highlight in red the missing information you need to complete before Submitting.
- You will be able to access the abstract submission portal to view completed abstracts, and upload new abstract submissions until 21 April 2017. After this date, abstracts will be published exactly as they are submitted.
- If you need to make any changes to successfully submitted abstracts, including replacing the abstract, please email the Program Coordinator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form.
- Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the Terms and Conditions as outlined in the presenter portal.
CONFIRMING YOUR SUBMISSIONS
As noted above, your submission is complete once you receive a confirmation email stating your abstract has been received successfully. If you have any concerns, please contact the Program Coordinator on T +61 3 9645 6311 or email email@example.com.
NOTIFICATION TO AUTHORS
Authors of submitted oral abstracts will be notified of the outcome by 10 April 2017 and for late submissions received after 4 April in May 2017. Please note the details provided as the author contact should be for the nominated main contact for your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to any co-presenters.
Abstract speaker registration
- The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference.
- Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
- All presenters must register and pay for the Conference prior to the conference by cob 1 August 2017 in order for the presentation to be included in the Conference Program.
All successful abstracts notified 10 April will be required to submit a final paper by Monday 12 June. Further details will be provided in due time.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the Conference Office:
The Corrosion and Prevention Conference Office:
119 Buckhurst Street
South Melbourne VIC 3205 Australia
T +61 3 9907 8643
F +61 3 9645 6322